Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today's Run

Today and Yesterdays runs were lots of fun.  Well, I mean as far as running goes.  Running is hard work.  I often wonder do I run fast enough to call it running yet?  I am really close.  Anyway, I have put in more miles than usual this week because we go into the hospital for an infusion tomorrow so I will be sitting on my arse till at least Friday.  So Thursday and Friday will be my off days potentially.  I ran 8 miles on Tuesday and 8 miles on Wednesday.  Five on Monday and did sixteen over the weekend.  Yesterday after my run in the rain I think I may have over done it.  I felt great on my run.  Fine when I started, fine when I finished.  As soon as I got in the door however, not so much.  I felt horrible all the sudden.  I felt like I had gotten hit by a truck.  It was a windy windy rain.   Some lady even stopped and asked if I wanted a ride back.  Nice of her but I told her that this was the best way to run, in the down pour.  A few minutes later it started to blow very hard.  That part was so fun.  I just viewed it as a challenge.  Resistance training.  Running against the wind.  I always search for reasons behind my runs.  Like why was that a good run? or Why was that a hard run?  Yesterdays I think was because I didn't eat anything that counted.  I think my body as just done.  I seriously needed to lay down.  I never need to lay down after a run.  Usually I am pumped pumped  up.  I had also cut the end of my toe last night in the shower.  Not that has anything to do with not feeling well.

Nike IPOD Pedometer

I don't like it.  I don't know why I keep using it!  It keeps shorting me miles!  Ruins my run.  It's fine during the first mile or two but it slowly starts loose track.  It is discouraging.  I will go into this issue later.

No comments:

Post a Comment