Thursday, July 22, 2010

Always Coming At You

So after my 7 miles on Tuesday, which my body was not use to lately, I was a little sore. I wanted to keep it up but the energy I needed was no where to be found.  I woke up with a headache, not feeling well overall.  So I waited it out to the end of the day to see if I felt any better.  It does not help that Mr. Three year old is learning to sleep on his own.  Yes, I know that seems a little old to be starting but giving our trauma over the past year, its explainable.  Anyway, the getting up all hours of the night because he couldn't sleep explains things as well.  Five o'clock rolled around.  I still had not run.  I found myself lake side soaking up the sun.  All geared up of course.  Shoes, shorts, ipod, ect,.  It's that little shove I look for to go.  This time it came from my daughter.

"Mom, will you put my hair up."



I was laying on the dock soaking up the sun, relaxed. I quickly whined back.

"I don't feel like putting your hair up, "  I moaned.

Her response,

"It doesn't matter if you don't feel like it Mom, just do it."  Little lines of motivation, always coming at you.

4 miles, kept it low considering I had worked pretty hard the day before.  Followed by a dunk in the lake.  So worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment