Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Running

I went running yesterday for the first time in like 3 weeks.  Well, rephrase that.  I did a run longer than 5 miles.  I had been cross training for the triathlon so I was keeping my run miles low to work those swim and bike muscles.  It was a good run.  Seven miles.  It is always tough.  I really got to sweating.  I need to figure out what to do with this plantars factitus.  My heel is pretty sore this morning.  It won't even go down to the floor when I step.  Just need to work it out.  I didn't run on my sensor yesterday either, because surprise, I stuck it in a safe place and can't rememer where that safe place is, LOL.  Typical.   My next race I have my eye on is an Olympic Triathlon.  This consists of longer distances.  The triathlon I completed Sunday was a sprint.  Distances of 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3.1 run.  An Olympic Triathlon consist of distances of .9 mile swim, 28 mile bike, and 6.2 run.  Hmmmm.  Yikes.  I will need to evaluate if I am ready for something like that.  Sure you need to push it to the limit, but never past, that is when injuries happen.  But also recognizing your body will get use to the work you put in.  Always up your goal.  Only when you are ready though.  How will I know?  Time to tackle the first long distance, the 28 mile bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment