Thursday, September 23, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW

I think this is my first.  This wasn't sent to me free to try.  I purchased this on my own from REI.  I wanted to give it chance and really break it in before I reviewed.  It's what all the cool blog kids are doing : )
My product review is a running belt.
Detail Image

  • The Speed 2 waist pack from Nathan® keeps you hydrated so you can enjoy your surrounding without any worries.
  • Sometimes your waist gets wet because the bottles leak.  *will turn pink if you use red Gatorade* *stains shirts as well.*
  • Features molded holsters for quick flask access.
  • Agreed, does have easy access
  • Comes with two 10 oz. nutrition flasks.
  • They are very hard to clean.  Mine have black stuff in the bottom that I can't get out! I put them in the dishwasher, used a bottle scrubber, still there.
  • Large stash pocket for small essentials.
  • Very nice pocket.  
  • Airmesh moisture-wicking backing.
  • Very nice, it doesn't bother me when sweating or getting to warm.
  • Limited-stretch elasticized waistbelt with soft perimeter binding.
  • Here is where I believe I may have the different one than the one picture here.  Mine clips in the front like a belt.  The clip as already cracked slightly where you snap them together.  I don't see if holding out much longer or at least as long as I would have liked it to for $60.00.
  • Available in three sizes: SM, MD and LG.
  • Carries up to 20 ounces of carbo-gel or replacement fluids.
  • Perfect for long road or trail trips with water availability.
  • Dimensions:
    12"(W) x 2"(D) x 4.5"(H)
  • 8.00 oz.
  • Product measurements were taken using size LG (36"-42"). Please note that measurements may vary by size.

When I intially purchased the belt back in July, I had the amphibious belt in my hand.  (Its the fluorescent yellow/green bottles).  It Velcro'd in the front so I was worried it wouldn't stay put.   So I purchased the Nathan Belt.  There are good things and bad things, as indicated in red.   If I wear spandex, it slides all the way around to the front no matter how tight I make it. It does feel heavy before you drink : )  But you have to pay a price for hydration on the run.   So I give this product a thumb to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment